BACK TO TRUTH TOUR HOME
BACK TO BOYCOTT HOME
WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT THE TOUR
- Join us and thousands of our allies in Louisville on SATURDAY, MARCH 12h outside of Yum Brands’ headquarters for a day of music, protest, theater and speeches. Actor Martin Sheen and Kerry Kennedy will be with us on this important day!
- Sponsor someone in your community to go to Louisville. There are many students and low-income community members who would like to join us in Louisville, but who lack the necessary funds. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have the resources to help in this way.
- Volunteer to help with meals, shelter, supplies and event planning in tour cities and in Louisville. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
- Make a financial contribution to the CIW. There are many expenses (travel, food, lodging, and supplies) in an undertaking of this size. We appreciate any amount you are able to contribute at this time. Please click here and use the PayPal link (on the left) to donate online or send a check to our office at the address listed below. All donations are tax deductible.
Coalition of Immokalee Workers
P.O. Box 603
Immokalee, FL 34143
- Hold an educational event in your community. Show the documentary – “Immokalee: From Slavery to Freedom” – and distribute boycott materials (buttons, bumper stickers, flyers and more). Ask all participants to write a letter (or sign a pre-written postcard) to David Novak, CEO of Yum Brands. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for boycott materials and postcards.
…and last, but not least,…
HOLD A SOLIDARITY ACTION IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
If you don’t live in Louisville or a tour city, and are unable to join us for the March 11-12th convergence, there are still a number of ways for you to participate in this year’s Taco Bell Truth Tour. Similar to previous years, we are asking our allies around the country to hold solidarity actions in their communities on Friday, March 11th or Saturday, March 12th. Just because you can’t be in Yum! Brands’ backyard doesn’t mean you can’t fight them from your own!
IDEAS FOR ACTIONS:
- Organize a protest outside of your local Taco Bell. Distribute flyers and boycott buttons to educate people in the community about the boycott. Use colorful signs, art, puppets, banners and/or street theater to communicate your message and draw attention to the protest. For free materials, contact us at email@example.com.
- Hold a prayer vigil at your place of worship in solidarity with the Immokalee farmworkers. Distribute educational flyers and show “Immokalee: From Slavery to Freedom” afterwards. Ask participants to send letters (or sign pre-written postcards) to David Novak, CEO of Yum Brands. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the documentary and a packet of postcards. Also, download this great bulletin insert!
- Fast for part or all of the day to peacefully protest the injustice and exploitation faced by Florida tomato pickers and to re-commit yourself to work for a more humane fast food industry.
EXAMPLES OF SOLIDARITY ACTIONS:
Santa Cruz, CA
Comercio Justo!, UC Santa Cruz MEChA, UCSC Democrats, Revolution Youth, AFSCME + CUE Unions. On Friday, March 11, Comercio Justo! will hold a demonstration where they will march from one Taco Bell to another across town. The action will be a collaborative effort involving many community organizations. They plan to distribute as many educational materials as possible.
If you are planning a solidarity action, please contact Amy at email@example.com so we can keep an accurate tally. Thank you!
|Location ||Date ||Group ||Contact ||Email / # ||Action |
|Santa Cruz, CA ||3/11 ||Comercio Justo! et al. ||Jesse Woltjer ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||protest |
|Dearfield Beach, FL ||2/26 ||Green Party ||Barbara Miranda ||- ||protest |
|St. Charles, FL ||- ||St. Charles Peace & Justice Comm. ||Marlene Michalak ||email@example.com ||vigil |
|Charlotesville, VA ||- ||"some mamas" ||Shell ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||protest & food not bombs serving |
|Asheville, NC ||2/28 ||Warren Wilson College Progressive Group ||BJ Scofield ||email@example.com ||campus presentation |
|Tallahassee, FL ||- ||Farmworker Solidarity Committee ||Jaymes Harpring ||850.877.2523 ||- |
|Denver, CO ||3/12? ||USAS & MEChA de Auraria ||Linda Cordova ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||protest |
|Gainesville, FL ||3/11 ||Civic Media Center ||Joe Richard ||email@example.com ||DVD screening |
|Ft. Myers, FL ||3/4 ||Agricultural Missions ||Stephen Bartlett ||firstname.lastname@example.org ||public witness at Taco Bell |
|New Orleans, LA ||3/9 & 3/13 ||NOLA Human Rights Film Festival ||Jordan Flaherty ||www.nolahumanrights.org ||film screenings |